Saturday, May 29, 2010

Welcome to reality!

Over the last two years I've been able to travel to Maine three times, NYC, Alaska, and Brasil twice. I spent more than 50 days on the beach and more than 15 days snowboarding. I feel fortunate about all of the local trips to places like 6 flags, Disneyland, Sequoia National Park, San Francisco, San Diego, and Lake Elisnore.
Over the last two years I've also applied to over 1,000 jobs that I have record of. I've been officially turned down by over 115 of these applications. I've had six interviews and one job offer. Telemarketing for $8/hour plus commission. I have applied for Bank director positions and I've applied for entry level customer service positions.
I have a real BS from an accredited university in the science field. I have applied for hundreds of state and federal positions. I taken the foreign service exam. I've done my fair share of networking with everyone I know.
I have manged sales teams of up to 45 people. I have been flown across the US to train sales teams for a Fortune 500 company. I read a lot..for business and for pleasure. I listen. I have experience in action sports, telemarketing, collections, sales, retail, advertising, real estate, mortgage, credit cards, judging snowboarding events, and Notary services.
I am healthy, married, have a positive attitude, physically active in many sports, and have a full head of hair. I am not the most attractive person in the world but I'm not the ugliest either.

So with a college degree, experience in a foreign country, 15 years of experience in many fields, decent looks, intelligence, and a network of friends; why am I not landing any good career opportunities?

Shrinking global market? Recession? Obama? Bush? Not looking in the right places? Degree not from the right school? Too much experience? Not enough experience? Bad resume? Effort?

Any advice? I am a good listener and willing to make any necessary changes to move in a more positive direction professionally.

You can view my resume by contact me at any bscottkelley on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment